Goodbye Bandlab


Bandlab
Bandlab

After some years on Bandlab I decided it's time to leave. Some thing began to annoy me more and more so that's a clear sign. In the beginning all was OK, i met nice people and of course they are also nice, but mote and more I also met jerks that are there only for their self promotion at all cost. Some of the highlights that caused me to leave are summed below.

  1. Likes for likes. Some people give you a like even when they didn't listen to your song. When the likes counter is higher then the play counter it amazes me.
  2. Bands with 40 members? They don't do creative work. It's all self promotion. The band chat is full of posting their own song instead of collaborating.
  3. Fork, you can, if they allow it, fork songs from other members. When they don't like what you do they jump on you while forks are intended to learn in my opinion. Also people get pissed when you make a song better, be it changing the arrangement or the mastering.
After building up these annoyances I decided to leave Bandlab after a last dispute about someone being verry unfriendly against someone who is still learning. Bandlab has a good foundation for making contacts and learning music, but a lot of member ruin the place.

Comments

Popular posts